High-speed electric drives for gas pumping stations
High-speed electric drives based on the electric motors with permanent magnets are designed for use in electrically driven gas pumping units at gas pumping (gas-compressor) stations.
An electric drive consists of an AC electric motor with permanent magnets and a frequency converter with a control system.
Electric drive provides:
- Start-up and acceleration of the pump to a specified speed and the pump shutdown from the specified speed
- Keeping of the necessary technological parameter (speed, pressure, flow, etc.) according to the specified program
- The electric drive parameters and operating modes monitoring
- The protection mode of operation and the electric drive abnormal parameters monitoring in case of failure and (or) emergency
Electric drive main technical characteristics:
- Nominal power: up to 8 MW
- Rotation speed: 8000 rpm
- Range of the speed control: 50-105%.
Motors are explosion-proof with "p"- type explosion protection (filling or purging of the motor case with excessive pressure).
Frequency converters are designed for normal conditions and can be made in modules for outside location.
- Substantial energy savings (up to 30%) due to the flexible speed control and high efficiency
- Start-up mode can be made without a disturbances in the power net
- Operating costs reduction due to absence of the mechanical shocks at start mode and exclusion of the units that require a special service (gear unit)
- Improved reliability and reduced service time of the equipment
- Improved reliability and reduced equipment downtime
- Improved mass-dimensional figures (1.5-2.0 times)
- High mass-dimensional parameters
Comparison of high-speed motors (6.3 MW, 8200 rpm)
made by "Siemens-Electroprivod" Ltd and “Russian Electroprivod”
|Name||Dimensions, mm||Weight, t|
|width A||length В||height C|